Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Busy Week...

I haven't had time to download pictures, but I do have some that I will post soon.  There have been some great moments that I wanted to make sure and document.  On Monday, Kristen Roberts from ECI came over to play with the boys.  She was reading them a book, and afterward she said, "all done" (This is my dad's pet peeve, by the way.  He always insisted on using "finished" rather than "done."  Anyway, I couldn't help thinking about that, but I digress.)  Back to the story--Kristen said, "all done," and the Sam bowed his head and crossed his arms.  It was absolutely the cutest thing.  I started laughing, and Kristen said "What, is he using the bathroom or something?"  Then I explained that he was saying a prayer, because we always read a book followed by a prayer at bedtime.  I guess he is just starting to associate reading as a group with something that happens before the prayer.  It was really cute.  Then, the very next day, I had put the boys in time out, because they were throwing books.  I crossed my arms and gave him an upset-mama look, and then Sam started to fold his arms and bow his head again.  He was getting ready for a prayer. It was so adorable!  I immediately gave him hug, and told  him he wasn't in trouble anymore.  I guess they are learning how to manipulate me already. It definitely worked!  It was so sweet!
Tonight, John told me that Andrew was handing a sippy cup to Sam, and Sam happily accepted it.  They surprise us with some of the thoughtful things that they do for each other!  It's a lot of fun to see!
 

No comments: